Sunday, June 28, 2009

so today i was drawing a cake on an envelope that contained a friends birthday present and then that inspired me to create an invitation to my 21st GOLDEN birthday, and then that inspired me to make a general invitation postcard and then i thought to myself...if i got these printed maybe i could sell them at shop columbia (my school's student store) and then that got me thinking that maybe even local boutiques could sell them. i mean, they are fun, they're cute, they're local. maybe that's a long shot, i don't know. what do you think (all 2 people that read this thing)? here are the rough (rough, rough) backwards(b/c i took the pics just now on my mac) copies. i would do other series too, like one for a tea party perhaps. i'm just looking for a way to have an excuse to do this kind of stuff i guess. if you are having a party let me know and i'll come up with some concepts! anyway, let me know what you think.





7 comments:

Taylor Yves said...

yes! so cute. i think a lot of places would sell them. you could really have a little side-job as an illustrator :)

SheSaidFollowMe said...

Honey those are so cute! I'd totally make such a purchase if I were having a tea party or something

jenna alice said...

GAH! i love them SUPER cute!! ..i'm still waiting for my card...

Emily Barnard said...

Yesssss!

Kaitlin Chapman said...

Fabulous Jill! Really, maybe that stationary place in Artisan's Alley would? I don't know you know SA better than me. Miss youu.

Stink Mama said...

I think you for suuuuuuure should hit up shop colum. I can't wait for your 21st.

Keep Close, Sweet said...

http://ofaflower.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-friend-jillian-does-sweetest.html

I stole your cake!