Tuesday, June 2, 2009

so if you know me at all, you know that i am what my mother calls "a dog with a bone." i get fascinated with something and then i spend all my energy for a period of time on that thing. not too long ago one of my facinations became the work of mel kadel. i just became so obsessed with the illustrations. some of my favorites are "holding down the fort," "grand old fort," and "foot bath." okay, so, another one of my recent fascinations has been critiquing the designs of wine bottle labels. i have grown to adore this hobby. so, last night i am at world market with my mother and i round the corner to look at the shiraz labels and lo and behond a mel kadel illustration was the label for a south australian wine entitled "strong arms." it's gorgeous!!!! i made my mom buy it and the wine was fully cunsumed by 8 last night. it, as well, was wonderful by the way. anyway, i was very excited and plan on using the bottle as decoration in my apartment. i was already intending on putting some of the illustrations up anyway. here are some of my favorite mel kadel illustrations and an image i found online of the label. :D

HOLDING DOWN THE FORT


GRAND OLD FORT


FOOT BATH


STRONG ARMS LABEL

No comments: