Monday, November 3, 2008

Who am I? and why am I here?



Today I had the extreme pleasure of grabbing lunch with my dear friend Jenna, who I hadn't seen in ages, which was highly unfortunate seeing as how much she inspires me.  We talked a lot about purpose- why we are here.  I really wish I knew why I am here so I could start fulfilling my purpose, but honestly, maybe I have already started.  Or maybe I should stop sitting around waiting to know my purpose and go out and find it, or rather, create it for myself.  What makes me tick?  What makes my world spin on its axis?  What brings me joy?  I am suddenly finding myself with more free time, although I haven't really felt very inspired to do anything with it, maybe now is a good time to start.  I need to get involved in something that will make this world a better place.  I need to get involved in something that will feed and honor my soul.  Maybe volunteer work?  But what org? Maybe a job?  But where?  These are all kinks I need to kick out on this journey, but at least I am starting to feel inspired enough to get out of bed and do something but cry and dwell.  I need to find something that will help define who I am, who I am becoming.  Also, although this is just in its beginning stages and may very well never come to pass, I have begun to research a new major--art therapy.  That would include WAYYYY more school than I want to be a part of and a change of schools, and well, location probably.  I don't think I'm ready to be done with chicago yet, but I can't seem to find an undergrad program here for it, so if that is the path I choose, chicago wouldn't be an option until grad school.  Maybe it is time to go.  I wanted to run, maybe this is my key to walk.  Maybe I'm supposed to run.  In the past sometimes running brought me to beautiful places. Also, I have been researching going to London next fall.  Maybe that's where I am supposed to be?  Maybe maybe maybe maybe.  I don't know what's going on and what it needs to be, but I know something needs to change.  I want to find my purpose.  I want to impact this world.

2 comments:

jenna alice said...

you ARE impacting this world.
I LOVE YOU.

you are so much of an inspiration to me.

~Jenny Gomez ~ said...

hi Jillian ! You can find your purpose when you will know that the truth is You are created for a purpose ! Nothing is coincidence ! God bless you.. You can also visit my blog
http://days-with-kwam.blogpsot.com/

It's jenny from Phil